In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It's time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.Want to be a part of our team
The Sales Hunter (Specialist)s primary objective is to pursue and land qualified leads identified by Lead Generation Representatives. This position needs to hunt for new opportunities from a list of named account targets and acquire new clients for NTT Ltd across Go-to-Market and/or Services in segments 1 and 2.
This position identifies and aligns the most suitable value propositions, partner configurations, cost structures and revenue models for identified target markets to satisfy the direct needs of the client. They work with clients at a variety of levels and internal subject matter experts to map out.
Responsible for selling complex technical products and/or services. This would typically be a limited number of the company's products, typically a technology or those that are strategic in nature. Typically specializes in a single product or product line and carries an overlay quota. Generally, not account-assigned; called into accounts as opportunities are identified and may work with account-assigned sales account managers to close sale. May manage and coordinate the sales and technical team in support of the sale of the company's products. May also be called on as a technical product expert to develop and present sales proposals and systems solutions, and close complex technical sales.Working at NTTPrimary Segment Focus
New clientsSecondary Segment Focus
Existing clientsSales Process Involvement
Land & Adopt (1 & 2)Client Load
Existing: 5 - 10
Prospect: 25 - 35Sales Time Allocation
Engaged selling time: 25%
Sales completion: 15%
Sales Facilitation: 20%Solution Focus
Any BU / GTM solutionSales Strategy with Buyers & Products
New clients: Conversion
Existing: Retention (current products) and Penetration (new/different products)Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Pursue and land qualified leads identified by Lead Generation Reps.
- Hunt for new opportunities from a list of named account targets across GTM and/or Services in segments 1 and 2.
- Facilitate sales meetings and phone calls in a way that solicits multiple perspectives and drives consensus to a course and plan of action.
- Identify the most suitable value propositions, partner configurations, cost structures and revenue models for identified target markets.
- Ensure opportunity adoption and search for expansion opportunities until handoff to the appropriate client manager.
- Maintain a pipeline of early stage leads.
- Use NTT Ltd's sales tools (e.g. Salesforce.com) and methodology to effectively manage customer and opportunity data.
- Successfully prospect new opportunities via existing relationship, channel partners and as identified by Lead Generation Representatives.
- Maintain awareness of the competitive landscape, market pricing and strategy.
- Maintain a high level of relevant product and service knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with potential and existing clients.
- Navigate around sales barriers of entry.
- Leverage sales through partnerships, be that indirect channel partners, referrals, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a process for developing and managing segments.
- Establish relationships with new clients and secure contracts with new clients that achieve assigned sales quotas and targets.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to map out and engage the client's teams
- Use their problem-solving ability to help the client in understanding the high-level requirements to address a problem whilst offering a prescriptive approach or roadmap to follow.
- Assess, surface and mitigate client-centric risks that could prove detrimental to the client's credibility or could derail the initiative altogether.
- Focus on the path that clients need to take and not the products that they need to buy.
- Use NTT Ltd's sales methodologies and tools such as call plans, opportunity plans and account plans to drive the sales process.
- Articulate the ways in which NTT Ltd is different from the other suppliers and vendors they interact with.
- Prospect potential clients using various direct methods (such as telephonic meetings, face-to-face engagements) and indirect methods.
- Develop and implement an opportunity plan, to provide regular check-ins with the primary point of contact and have an established process for getting buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Serve as a single point of contact for NTT Ltd information flow.
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for the company to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales.
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Sales business acumen - the skills supporting successful selling through organizational and business outcome mindset. Success will require focusing on planning, leveraging tools and data, and concentrating on NTT Ltd business requirements. Developing the skills to understand your client's business (including commercial and financial aspects) in order to bring value to them from NTT's portfolio of services.
- Sales client engagement & management - the skills used to effectively manage and analyze the client throughout the client lifecycle, with the goal of improving client relationships and driving sales growth. Success will require detailed understanding of client needs, effective sales planning, and building trust, all while managing to client expectations. Developing the skills required to know your client, building effective & lasting relationships with them and to be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Sales solution skills - the knowledge of NTT Ltd's offerings, client applications, use cases and market trends and the skill to apply them to individual client and prospect situations that positions the sales team member as an expert client advisor. Success will require the ability to link NTT ltd offerings, including high-value services to specific client and prospect needs and outcomes
- Sales resources optimisation - building internal relationships, working with pursuit teams and leveraging vendors as resources throughout the sales cycle.
- Sales pursuit - the skills and knowledge that enable a sales team member to create success by identifying and advancing opportunities at assigned prospects and clients. Success will require both individual ownership as well as accountability for coordinating internal and external resources in order to close sales opportunities.
- Sales strategy execution - the skills to ensure that the sales strategy is aligned to the business strategy.
- Sales business management - the skills to ensure that target setting, and associated processes is aligned to meeting the target.
- Relevant Degree
- Relevant vendor certifications would be advantageous
What will make you a good fit for the role
- Demonstrable experience solution-based selling, preferably related to specific domain (GTM) related software and products
- Prior experience selling complex solutions and services to the C-Suite
- Proven client management/ sales and client engagement experience
Standard career level descriptor for job level: • Seasoned and experienced professional • Has full understanding of specialisation area • Resolves wide range of issues in creative ways • Fully qualified, career level, career journey-orientated • Uses good judgement in selecting tools and methods to solve problems • Networks with senior internal and external people in own area of expertise • Receives little instruction on day-to-day work, receives general instructions on new assignments • Typically requires demonstrable related experience with a Bachelor's or equivalent degree; or moderate level experience and a Master's or equivalent degree; or a PhD or equivalent degree without experience; or equivalent work experienceJoin our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.