- Join a fast-growing internet startup
- Opportunity to drive the legal strategy for a venture
- Work closely with the leadership to support the business operations team
Headquartered in Singapore, our client is a technology organization that serves small businesses with convenient & inclusive financial services across Southeast Asia.
The company serves small business owners with speed and simplicity. No long waits, paperwork, or hidden fees like other financial institutions - so business owners could concentrate on growing their businesses.
The company is backed by Y-Combinator - #1 startup incubator in the world - and has raised from some of the world’s best VCs.
You will be based in the company's fast growing Jakarta office, and will work closely with the Indonesia General Manager on regulatory strategy and key regulatory initiatives. The role could evolve over time and take additional responsibilities in other countries or rotate in other departments to obtain a full understanding of a fast-growing internet startup.You will be responsible for :
- Collaborating with the businesses and defining the strategy of the venture based on sound legal rationale
- Ensuring compliance with the existing and new regulations, including advising on the implementation of relevant processes
- Driving license applications and supporting regulatory partnerships
- Providing regulatory compliance guidance for Indonesia.
- Developing and enforcing compliance policies and procedures
- Providing assistance in drafting agreements
- Drafting internal legal memos regarding upcoming regulatory landscape
- Handling a variety of general corporate legal matters
- You have at least 3 years experience within Fintech / Banking & Finance.
- You possess working knowledge of banking/fintech products, regulatory and compliance matters.
- You are a proactive and driven individual and can work both individually and with teams to deliver work within stipulated time.
- You can prioritize effectively and work under pressure without compromising quality
- You have excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical and communication skills.
- You are extremely well-organized and have excellent attention to detail
- You are also passionate about helping small business borrowers grow their businesses