Purpose Of Role:
• The role of IT Engineer is to provide 1st and 2nd line support for employees of BT Indonesia.
• The role holder is responsible for the deployment and support of IT Internal infrastructure, systems and application software, Database management, network services and data security.
• He/she provides complex technical support, resolving escalated technical support issues including proposals to ensure systems availability to the organization.
• The role includes problem diagnosis and resolution, and activities will comprise requirements analysis, testing, integrating and managing components and models.
• The role holder has an appreciation of and/or participates in the design of systems architecture and network systems, and may be responsible for generating new opportunities and maintaining the client relationship and satisfaction.
• To diagnose and resolve hardware and software incidents including operating system and across a range of BT applications.
• Under supervision to test & install software maintenance upgrades provided by EUT.
• To provide problem diagnosis and resolution liaising with technical manager, peers, suppliers and customer/developer groups where appropriate; could be asked to provide full 24-hour on call emergency support.
• To ensure operational procedures are in place, maintained and followed as approved by technical team leader.
• To support recovery activities following failure including disaster recovery.
• To provide limited advice & guidance to other groups on technical and operational issues.
• To ensure all appropriate documentation is provided and maintained to the ISO9001 standard.
• Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
• Minimum of 3 years Desktop Support experience which includes Networking and Cabling skills, Windows and Microsoft Office Suite expertise, Knowledge in Printer & Scanner
• Developed skills in basic theories, practices and procedures in one skill area through formal training, and able to apply basic knowledge/skills to own work area.
• Able to respond to standard manager requests and understand the relationships between work processes and the business, although horizons will probably be limited to own team.
• Can use existing, clearly defined procedures to solve routine problems and organise own time to deliver against tasks set by others within a short-term horizon.
• Can ask questions and check for understanding.
• Can provide explanations clearly and precisely.
• Can work co-operatively with others to achieve team goals, and can build stable and useful working relationships.
• Awareness of costs related to own work area.