If you are an elite manager of a devops engineering team or a SaaS operations team and you are eager to gain unprecedented visibility to top technology companies throughout the globe, employ your technical and managerial skills to oversee super high impact devops migrations, and earn $100,000 USD per year while working from virtually anywhere on the planet, this job is for you.
Crossover is a well-funded startup that has developed a unique way to find, curate and manage the top 1% of global talent and connect them to medium and large businesses. We are experiencing rapid growth within the companies we currently serve and are increasing our staff to expand our business.
Brick and mortar offices are history. The future of our global workforce will consist of teams collaborating from every corner of the world. Our platform connects customers to the worlds best talent for both technical and non-technical contracting. But we dont just find the best; we also provide the software tools, training, and expert management to ensure success for long-term growth.Job Description:
Crossover is looking for SaaS Software Engineering Managers who demonstrate outstanding managerial skills and also possess the technical background to be a SaaS Operations leader through example. You will be expected to understand the architecture for each of a variety of new SaaS products, design high quality plans for migrating to our simple consolidated architecture, and then coaching a devops team to a successful on time execution. In addition, SaaS Software engineering managers will be responsible for improving individual productivity quarter over quarter through staffing, coaching, process standardization, process improvement, and automation.
A successful Software Engineering Manager at Crossover will demonstrate the following qualities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ruthless commitment to scientific debugging, and the unrelenting pursuit of the final "Root Cause"
- The ability to quickly appropriate architectural decisions favoring simplicity
- Commitment to hands-on engagement as an individual within the team, despite managerial status
- Perfectionism: knowing how a job should be done and not stop until its done correctly
- Exceptional ability to effectively motivate and manage teams of individuals
- Commitment to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously automating manual processes
- Excellent remote management skills (you will be using Skype, GoToMeeting, Google Docs, etc.)
A successful Software Engineering Manager at Crossover will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Proven managerial skills with at least 5 years of experience managing multiple teams
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with system administration (including networking and databases on both windows and linux)
- Proficiency with SaaS architectures and DevOps
- Proficiency in AWS
- Proficiency in Docker is desired but not mandatory
- Experience in database monitoring tools and log file analysis tools
- Experience in running devops teams for production saas products and 24/7 saas support teams
- Experience in escalation tools and ticketing systems like pagerduty, victorops, jira
- Outstanding English communication skills
Total compensation: $50/hr for 40 productive hours per week
Location: Global (remote)
Were one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time so we thank you in advance for your efforts.