We are looking for an experienced SaaS Operations Engineer to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, goal-oriented, team-focused engineer with a passion for supporting customer facing services, processes, systems and infrastructure. This position will work to assure the overall availability and performance of production services against availability and quality SLAs. They will respond to alerts or events that impair or degrade service or could cause outages that impact availability. They will identify root causes, single points of failure, and eliminate them through remediation and execution. Company Description
Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors. Our innovative contractor based model, does not mean temporary - it means flexibility with global teams. Everyone is a contractor, your managers, your peers, etc. Our platform connects customers to the world’s best talent for both technical and non-technical jobs. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth.
The SaaS Engineer is responsible for providing seasoned and experienced support to both internal and external clients for resolving incidents and service requests. They will adhere to internal processes for incident and service request resolution, and change management through proper execution and documentation. This position is 100% remote.Key Responsibilities
- Analyze processing issues and data anomalies and identifying solutions.
- Resolve trouble tickets escalated to Operations.
- Follow documented process recovery and service restoration processes.
- Fulfill various tasks/processes in support of business and operational units.
- Research and resolve problems or inquiries in a timely manner.
- Respond to inquiries and troubleshoot issues related to application data or file delivery contents that require extensive use of SQL and Linux command line interaction
- Work with product and vendor support technical teams as needed to resolve production issues, troubleshoot symptoms, and conduct root cause analysis with remediation plans or solutions
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related fields
- 2+ years’ experience in systems administration support of web-enabled service application environments and technologies.
- Experience with managing applications in Linux environments and shell scripting and commands
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Clouds: AWS, GCP, Azure, DO
- Experience WebLogic, Tomcat or similar Web App Server administration experience. This includes but not limited to: installation, configuration, tuning, deployments, and monitoring.
- 3+ years of IT Operations role or client/customer support experience
This role may be a great fit if you have:
- Databases experience: MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Experience with configuring and maintaining virtual servers
- Experience with application performance assessment and improvement
- Experience with distributed team leadership
- Functional Knowledge: Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own discipline and a basic knowledge of these elements in other disciplines
- Business Expertise: Basic understanding of how own area integrates within the sub-function
- Leadership: Provides on-the-job training/support to new team members
- Problem Solving: Uses judgment based on the analysis of information
- Nature of Impact: Direct impact by ensuring the quality of the task/services/information provided by self and others
Compensation is $15/hour, which works out to $30,000 for a full time 40 hour work week.
We’re one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time so we thank you in advance for your efforts.