Aurea is looking for an experienced SaaS Operations Architect to join our Managed Services Delivery team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, goal-oriented, team-focused engineer with a passion for overseeing services, processes, systems and infrastructure. This position will work to assure the overall availability and performance of production services against availability and quality SLAs. They will respond to alerts or events that impair or degrade service or could cause outages that impact availability. They will identify root causes, single points of failure, and eliminate them through remediation and execution. Job Description
The SaaS Ops Architect is responsible for providing seasoned and experienced support to both internal and external clients for resolving incidents and service requests. They will adhere to internal processes for incident and service request resolution, and change management through proper execution and documentation. This position is 100% remote.Key Responsibilities
Required Experience and Education
- Analyze processing issues and data anomalies and identifying solutions.
- Perform triage, cause and remediation for incidents.
- Resolve trouble tickets escalated to Operations.
- Recognize and act on opportunities for service improvements.
- Produce SQL queries and conduct data analysis for issue resolution.
- Navigate complex relational databases and understand the related data models.
- Participate in off-hours coverage via escalation of priority incidents (choosing shifts that overlap with the time period of 6am-6pm Central Standard Time)
- Fulfill various tasks/processes in support of business and operational units.
- Research and resolve problems or inquiries in a timely manner.
- Compose and produce reports, support documents and related material.
- Maintain operations documentation in knowledge management database.
- Respond to inquiries and troubleshoot issues related to application data or file delivery contents that require extensive use of SQL and Linux command line interaction
- Work with product and vendor support technical teams as needed to resolve production issues, troubleshoot symptoms, and conduct root cause analysis with remediation plans or solutions
- Install, configure and tune application services and middleware as needed
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related fields
- At least 2 years WebLogic, Tomcat or similar Web App Server administration experience. This includes but not limited to: installation, configuration, tuning, deployments, and monitoring.
- 3+ years experience in systems administration support of n-tier web-enabled service application environments and technologies.
- At least 3 years Apache/Tomcat web server administration experience
- Expert in Linux environment (CLI, sys admin familiarity)
- Expert in Linux shell scripting and commands
- Expert in Shell (bash/PowerShell) and Perl scripting
- Expert in file transfer and encryption protocols (FTP/SFTP/SSH/SCP, GPG/PGP)
- Proficient in string manipulation skills (regular expressions)
- Experience with working in teams that deliver highly available services
- Experience in monitoring and automation of system administration / operational tasks
- Experience with issue tracking systems and escalation procedures
- Flexible and willing to work in a dynamic environment with new challenges and evolving priorities on a weekly basis
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Minimum of 5+ years of IT Operations role or client/customer support experience
- Minimum 2 years writing medium to high level SQL queries
- Familiar with Oracle/MS SQL databases and SQL in general
- Professionalism at all times, especially when resolving customer challenges
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Effective time-management skills
- High levels of organization
- Excellent communication abilities
- Experience with configuring and maintaining virtual servers
- Experience with application performance assessment and improvement
- Experience with AWS cost optimization and service management
- Experience with distributed team leadership
This role may be a great fit if you have:
- Functional Knowledge: Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own discipline and a basic knowledge of these elements in other disciplines
- Business Expertise: Basic understanding of how own area integrates within the sub-function
- Leadership: Provides on-the-job training/support to new team members
- Problem Solving: Uses judgment based on the analysis of information
- Nature of Impact: Direct impact by ensuring the quality of the task/services/information provided by self and others
- Area of Impact: Primarily on own team
- Interpersonal Skills: Information exchange requiring tact and diplomacy is a significant feature of the job
Total annual pay is $30/hour or $60,000 for a 50 week, 40 hour work week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations.
We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
Are you up for the challenge?