Experience : At least 10 years of experience in regional tax, including corporate tax, GST and FBT.
: Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or any Accounting-related courses (Must be a Qualified Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant)
(The following sectors/industries are not relevant for us: Banks, insurance, mines, health, and non-profit organizations)LOCATION
: Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Philippines
The Regional Tax Manager - APAC is responsible for keeping businesses compliant with various local, state, and federal tax regulations, perform estimations, analysis, planning, and research and oversee audits. What will your job look like?
- You will be responsible in handling tax related matters in the region.
- You will be preparing and executing companies’ tax returns, monthly tax returns, including FBT returns, GST/VAT returns, withholding and service tax returns
- You will manage company’s tax compliance to ensure companies comply with relevant tax law, returns and tax payments are on time.
- You will review and authorize payment of taxes & also reviewing invoices and financial statements to ensure compliance with indirect and direct taxes.
- You will complete and review Income tax provisions for each legal entity – timely & accurately for statutory audit and internal purposes.
- You will be Supporting Corporate HQ with any ad hoc information or data requests
- You will be liaising with external auditors, external tax agents and tax office (if required).
- You will be focal point for all Regional tax issues & Assist controllers with income tax provisions, special projects, M&A
- You will be assisting in planning company’s activities to ensure compliance with corporate directives and minimization of tax costs.
- You will be supporting corporate tax and proactively initiate opportunities for tax savings and planning & Support in transfer pricing studies in the region
- You will manage tax assessments in the region & Advise management of the impact of new or proposed legislation, decisions, regulations and ruling in tax and related areas.
- You will be handling tax assessments and minimize tax cost.
- You will review of commercial contract from tax perspective.
- You will provide the team with vision, clear expectations and targets as well as providing professional support.
- You will lead by example, keep the team motivation high and support them during challenging times
- You will plan and ensure operations meet approved budget guidelines.
- Must be a Qualified Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant
- At least 10 years of experience in regional tax, including corporate tax, GST and FBT.
- Must have experience in multiple Asia Pacific countries.
- Strong knowledge in preparing corporate tax return, GST, FBT and WHT.
- Have knowledge in tax advisory.
- Good communication skills.
- Advance level in excel.
- Prefer to have knowledge in basic accounting and understanding of accounting systems.
- Able to work independently, analytical and detail.
- Big Four experience (EY/PWC/KPMG/Deloitte) - tax department.