The React Front-End Chief Architect role is the senior level of our technical positions and requires an expert-level understanding of front-end development and related technologies. This position is a hands-on leadership role. You will need a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats from lead architect to senior software engineer on the most complex elements of the product. You will also be a technical team leader and solution evangelist.
You will be implementing, iterating or even completely revamping the front-end code of a number of applications to be based on today’s modern JS frameworks. You should have an unrelenting drive for quality, with a passion for responsive UIs with tight animations. You will work closely with a global team of developers in utilizing the best-in-practice architecture, tools, and design patterns in web development. And most importantly, you will be expected to demonstrate a deep understanding on how to build custom web applications (including animations) by leveraging backend REST services through the use of UI JS frameworks.Role Description
In the role, you will be creating solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs that scale to the customer's enterprise/global requirements. It’s your responsibility to ensure that the customers are blown away by the technical differentiation and quality of the product.
Though we like to remove most of the management overhead for our Senior Architects to let you focus on the key technical solutions - you will be a peer-leader of a team of architects and developers to apply software engineering best practices and implement automations across all elements of solution delivery.
Crossover is inventing the future of work. A future where high-skill jobs are available to anyone around the world - as long as they are the best-of-the-best in that skill. We assemble teams of these rockstars, apply best-known playbooks to run the teams and provide a platform to help each team and individual continuously improve. Crossover then connects these teams to companies with specific needs. And unlike freelancer marketplaces, Crossover only accepts customers looking for multi-year project or program needs.Key Responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience
- Passion for developing a simple, clean, and attractive UI/front-end
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Perfectionism when it comes to code quality
- Commitment to following dev best practices, such as code-reviews, automated tests, etc.
- A willingness to embrace the concept of iterative development as the means for building excellent products
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience working with front-end web development or custom web content (This should be custom HTML/CSS and animations, NOT Wordpress, CMS based, or template based work)
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience working with data backed front-end web applications (REST, SOAP, etc)
- Experience with cloud hosting (namely AWS) for a consumer-facing web product
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- General knowledge of back-end web development
- Hands-on experience with server-side programming environments
- Solid understanding of recent concepts and approaches such as SPA, isomorphic and progressive web apps
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
- Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- HTML5, CSS3 (including animations), JQuery
- Deep knowledge of Bootstrap for responsive web design
- Solid experience with CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS) and at least 1 Framework that use them (Compass, Bourbon, Susy)
Compensation: $50/hr for 40 productive hours per week
Location: Global (remote)
A key benefit of joining Crossover is that all roles are location independent - live and work anywhere. We believe you should let people work from wherever they believe they can be most productive. We simply ask you to be productive for 40 hours on a weekly basis.
Crossover has open positions demanded by our customers at all times. You will start your application by hitting the 'Apply Now' button then uploading your resume and confirming your email address. From there - the Crossover platform will guide you through the remaining steps, which involves a set of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
Are you up for the challenge?