Were you an early adopter of virtualization, containers and cloud infrastructure? Do you love to automate everything that needs to be done more than once?
If you said yes to any of the questions above, this role is for you.
What are the expectations?
The Docker Chief Architect will be responsible for developing solutions to complex architectural problems, designing and delivering real enterprise-class software products to customers and being a hands-on peer leader of top development resources.
You will play a critical role in migrating products to Cloud using AWS, Docker and Aurora by taking any of our products from a legacy state, manual build/deploy processes, ancient dependencies, fragile architecture, weak security, lack of scalability or performance).
You will face challenges such as reverse engineering legacy architecture and key flows (white box vs black box approach), understanding its key weaknesses on pillars of cloud-readiness such as security, reliability, simplicity, performance, operational agility and automation. You will design out the weaknesses, work hands-on and/or partner with and provide leadership to the Product Development team.
The final goal of your role will be to transform the product into a fully dockerized CD pipeline with fully automated build/deploy/monitoring/resiliency processes in a fully consolidated Docker and Aurora environment with no unknown remaining legacy issues in terms of security, reliability, performance and operational agility.
As the owner of the architecture and technical delivery of multi-million dollar revenue per year enterprise software products, you will effectively work as the CTO of the engagement with a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats from lead architect and developer on the most complex elements of the product to technical team leader to solution evangelist ensuring that the customers are blown away by the technical differentiation and quality of the product.
The ideal Docker Chief Architect meets these requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Expertise in Amazon Web Services. In particular infrastructure services like AWS Elastic Beanstalk & CloudFormation
- Experience with Docker and Aurora
- Expertise in DevOps tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Solid experience with the networking, performance, security and operational aspects of the AWS environment
- At least 8 years of experience in senior hands-on scripting programming
- Proficient in modern architecture stacks, SOA, relational DBs, stateless API, etc
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
- Key open source contributor to Docker or other DevOps projects will be considered a plus.
- A true roll up the sleeves and get it done working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfort working virtually with teammates and customers around the world. We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing