Are you one of the top Cloud Architects in the world? Were you an early adopter of cloud infrastructure and AWS and passionate about the cutting edge Cloud technologies and trends? Do you love to automate everything that needs to be done more than once?
Are you interested in earning $100,000 USD while being able to work from any location that is comfortable to you? Eager to join a development network of the most talented remote workers in the world?
If so, this role is for you. Through Crossover, youll earn the most competitive wage on the market, work with the best engineers in the field for a highly successful company looking to exponentially grow its adoption of Cloud services. The Company:
Crossover is inventing the future of work. A future where high-skill jobs are available to anyone around the world - as long as they are the best-of-the-best in that skill. We assemble teams of these rockstars, apply best-known playbooks to run the teams and provide a platform to help each team and individual continuously improve. Crossover then connects these teams to companies with specific needs. And unlike freelancer marketplaces, Crossover only accepts customers looking for multi-year project or program needs.Job Description:
You will play a critical role in designing and executing cloud-based architectures. This can range from orchestrating the deployment of centralised environments on AWS infrastructure, fresh design/build work in cloud-based environments like AWS and GCE, or adapting large existing infrastructures to an AWS deployment model. You will be responsible for developing solutions to complex architectural problems, designing and delivering real enterprise-class software products to customers and being a hands-on peer leader of top development resources. As the owner for the architecture and technical delivery of multi-million dollar revenue per year enterprise software products, you will effectively work as the CTO of the engagement with a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats from lead architect and developer on the most complex elements of the product to technical team leader to solution evangelist ensuring that the customers are blown away by the technical differentiation and quality of the product.
Just as an example, one project includes migrating a large infrastructure consuming over 1,500 machines globally and storing over 5 petabytes of information into AWS. This role will include implementing profound architecture changes to get ready for the cloud, phased adoption of cloud-specific services, progressive removal of legacy technologies, with the ultimate goal of full migration into the AWS cloud.Key responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Developing product expertise in a short time frame.
- Architecting new solutions or adapting existing ones to optimally run in a cloud-based environment (proper use of VMs and containers, queue-based architectures, services-oriented architectures, etc)
- Owning the execution and implementation of migration strategies (this will include deployment/provisioning using DevOps tools, data migration, testing, cutover/failover of systems, configuration of monitoring and other production management systems)
- Overseeing technical quality for the output of small teams of Software Engineers (requirements reviews, architectural reviews, and code reviews)
- While showing technical leadership you will still be in charge of personally addressing the most technically challenging issues in the project. We count on you as the key technical person, not a people manager!
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Expertise in Amazon Web Services. In particular infrastructure services like AWS Elastic Beanstalk & CloudFormation
- Experience with Docker and Aurora
- Expertise in DevOps tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Deep knowledge of network stack and filesystems
- Solid experience with the networking, performance, security and operational aspects of the AWS environment
- Proficient in modern architecture stacks, SOA, relational DBs, stateless API, etc
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
- A true roll up the sleeves and get it done working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfort working virtually with teammates and customers around the world. We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
Total compensation: $50/hr for 40 productive hours per week
Location: Global (remote)
Were one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
To qualify, please submit a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time so we thank you in advance for your efforts.